Sunday, February 04, 2007

More From the Vaults

How about that other girl who sat with the popular clique in grade six? I once overheard her telling the other popular kids that her mother had entered her into a Marilyn Monroe look-alike competition. Maybe that explains why she later went on to do an MA in Women's Studies. Now she's an articling student at an environmental law firm.


Meanwhile, this girl was an unremarkable friend of mine (by grade seven, I had changed schools, and was downtrodden by the evil popular clique no more). I can't actually remember anything about her except that she was kind of short and wore a lot of Roots clothes. Now she too is a lawyer; her specialty is family law.


Here, I bring you another member of the popular clique of grade six. He used to be cute. These days he's making movies. His movie on skaters showed at Sundance in 2007.


Finally, I'm pretty sure this guy used to be one of my best friends. We were both hopelessly nerdy. I remember him telling me once that he hated all contemporary music except two songs: "I Am a Rock" by Simon and Garfunkel, and the theme from Dr. Who! Rumour had it that he later came out of the closet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home